Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Glimpse of Heaven


Perhaps one of my favorite parts of this internship is watching the melding of different groups at the the apartments. As I watch Nepali, Eritrean and Mexican children playing together on our living room floor, I ruminate on how this is probably one of the closest glimpses of heaven that I may be afforded here on Earth. To see people of literally “every tribe and nation” laughing together is such a beautiful experience.
Scripture also talks about the Wedding Supper of the Lamb in Revelation 19:9a: "Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” I am certain there is going to be delicious food from all of these countries at that supper--maybe even some Sudanese goat stomach in the brownish-orange sauce like I ate last week. (If you could have seen the pride with which a Sudanese boy told me that his mom had prepared that dish, I think you would ask Jesus Himself to taste-test it just to watch the proud smile spread across the child’s face as Jesus told Him it was delicious and worthy of the special occasion.)
 --Jenna